- AQA Step up to English – an entry level qualification for students unable to access the GCSE English Language course.
- AQA GCSE English Language (8700).
- AQA GCSE English Literature (8702).
HALF TERM 5
HALF TERM 4
- We believe that opportunities for enrichment are vital if students are to realise their potential. Enrichment in English is essentially threefold in nature: External Enrichment. This includes trips to places such as the theatre, museums and libraries. It often provides the opportunity for students to take part in workshops or competitions. Some students have even seen their work appear in print. Internal Enrichment for Personal Development. This includes a range of clubs and groups run by a dedicated team of specialists. Students might attend Book Worm, for example ‐ our weekly reading club; they may prefer Film Club, or wish to practise their debating and public speaking skills. At designated points in the year we invite professional actors, poets or other performers to work with students in our purpose‐built theatre. Internal Enrichment for Attainment. Our dedicated team provides a range of revision and booster classes for both Language and Literature as part of our exam preparation.
Three things you can do to help your child
- Encourage your child to read at home; read with them and discuss what they are reading. Take an active role in helping them to choose a book and always ensure they have any appropriate revision guides or exam texts. Extend this collaborative approach to trips to the cinema or the theatre.
- Read and discuss the newspaper with them to gain an understanding of the wider world and the conventions and structure of non‐fiction texts.
- Encourage your child to use BBC Bitesize to practise English skills and ensure they attend revision classes at key points in the year.
English GCSE Revision padlet.com/SMR/PAC_English
Mrs Rawcliffe's Year 7 class padlet.com/SMR/Y7
Edexcel resources padlet.com/SMR/Y10
Armitage poetry & An Inspector Calls padlet.com/SMR/PAC_Eng_Lit
Jekyll & Hyde padlet.com/SMR/Jekyll
Of Mice & Men padlet.com/SMR/PAC_OMAM
powerpoint links here