Examination Revision Guidance
Always here to help with revision guidance
The examination period can be a stressful and confusing time. This page is designed to help pupils to plan successful revision and should support them in being organised during examination sessions. We have made as much information as possible available to pupils, parents and families. Please check the links regularly as information is updated throughout the academic year. Remember, teaching staff may have put other helpful information on their subject pages. To find out, view the page All Subjects.
- JCQ Examination Regulation Documents – Important Information for Candidates
- Guidance, rules and regulations for exams at Prestwich Arts College (eg. What to do is absent from a GCSE exam due to unavoidable severe illness)
- Exam Timetables (Mock exams, Internal school exams, External GCSE exams)
- Revision (Strategies, Classes, Timetables)
- GCSE 9 to 1 grades a brief guide for parents
Ever wondered what happens to your exam paper between exam time and results day? This video has been produced by OCR to explain the journey of your exam paper. The process is very similar with other exam boards.
Ever wondered where your exam paper initially came from? This video has been produced by OCR to explain what goes into creating a new exam paper. The process is very similar with other exam boards.
The slide pack on the link below has been produced by Ofqual, in collaboration with the Department for Education. The purpose of these slides is to provide a single accurate source of information that can be used to communicate with students and parents on the changes that are happening to GCSEs, AS and A levels, and school and college performance measures.
These websites may also help with your exam preparation
Links to websites with help on how to cope.
BBC revision site
A comprehensive revision guide.
Specific GCSE subject help.