In PE we aim to study a wide range of activities that allow all students to feel part of the department. We want to inspire all pupils to succeed and excel, and to become physically confident in a way that supports their health and fitness.
The PE team aim to foster the values of Prestwich Arts College through a range of pathways including:
- Participation Performance
- Analysis of Performance
- Understanding of healthy and active lifestyles
- Through core PE at Key Stage 4, we aim to assist in the personal development of each child through an ethos of ‘maximal participation, maximal enjoyment’. We have links with local clubs in a variety of sports, plus an inclusive extracurricular programme to allow students to further enhance their enjoyment as well as their skill set.
All students take Core Physical Education and can also opt to take PE at GCSE level (Exam board - OCR).
HALF TERM 5
HALF TERM 4
Pupils have the opportunity to get involved in an extensive programme of events such as: Schools Council, Circles of Influence days, the Allotments, organising & hosting a Young Citizens' Conference, Young Enterprise, Young Consumer of the Year and Make your Mark Challenge.
Year 11 Bury School Football Champions 2013
Congratulations to our year 11 football team. On Monday 29th April They were crowned Bury Schools Champions after beating Parrenthorn 2-1 in a thrilling game at Gigg Lane. Goals were scored by Luke Hinchy and Leon Faulkner. The boys showed real strength of character in winning the cup; knocking out both of last years finalists en route to the final.
Three things you can do to help your child
- Ensure that your child has the full and correct Prestwich Arts College PE kit and brings it to every lesson.
- Encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast before school every morning, and to choose healthy as opposed to sugary, snacks and drinks.
- Praise your child should he or she show an interest in any of the enrichment activities offered by Prestwich Arts College‐ this type of engagement looks great on their CV, but has a huge benefit to the holistic development of the child.