The delivery of the curriculum in Years 7 and 8 is through mixed ability forms, whilst in Year 9 through Year 11, the grouping are essentially mixed ability, depending on the take-up after options.
Year 8 The English Revolution 18_19
Year 9 Rise of the Dictators 18_19
SOL overview sheet - Yr 11 19 and 20th Century updateSOL overview sheet - Yr 11P and P Medieval_Early modern
SOL overview sheet -Y7 Norman Britain
Yr 10 2. Peace Keeping and the LofN
- Prior to exam time, after school revision classes take place, and it is essential that pupils attend.
- Textbooks are always available on loan for pupils to take home for further study, or to assist with homework tasks.
- We always try to organise visits and trips for pupils which reflect and enrich our subject areas
Three things you can do to help your child
- Take them to some of the wonderful museums, places of worship, and landscapes we have here in the North West of England
- Encourage them to watch news programmes regularly; it helps massively with our subject areas. It will reinforce a depth of understanding and an appreciation of how learning is connected to the ‘real world’
- TV- As long as it’s the History Channel, or National Geographic for example!
- Reading – either generally or in specific historical, religious or geographical contexts.